If you’re a mom who doesn’t suffer from mom guilt then I applaud you. Better yet, I raise a glass of wine to you. You have managed to not go BaNaNaS, you’ve Found Balance and inner peace. Cheers.
If you’re like the rest of us you’re just a hot mess hoping to get through the day. Like there aren’t enough things to worry about, here’s why our brains go a mile a minute:
- Does my kid have matching socks?
- Did I remember to pack lunches?
- Wait, who’s picking the Chiquita up?
- I forgot to take a Xanax today, God help us.
- If I catch this red light I will be late to work.
- Sh*t, peed through the diaper and no time for a bath. WIPES rule!
- Did I let the dog out?
- Did I feed the dog?
- Does the dog have water?
- Did my kid have water?
- When was the last time I had sex with my husband?
- Why am I up from 2 am to 4 am?
- What the hell are we going to have for dinner? Sandwiches.
- My car is on E, please let me get to ______ (wherever I’m rushing to)
- Am I bad mom because I _______ (whatever dumb thing I did today)
- Keeping up with the Kardashians or Barney? Kardashians. Sorry.
- Diapers or new heels? Damn diapers.
- When was the last “Girls Night” I made it to?
- Have I really been reading ______ (insert book) for a year?
- I had no idea those shoes were too small. Squished toes. Oops.
And what about Dad-Guilt? Do dad’s ever feel guilty? Hahahahahahaha