Menopausal Mother writes about: “The good the bad and the ugly about going through menopause. Musings from a middle aged momma.”
To me, from reading her posts, she is a lovely woman and mother who blogs with wit and without shame. Exactly the kind of blogs I enjoy reading! I encourage you to check out her site; she will have you rolling on the floor with laughter – check out one of my fave posts: How to Annoy Your Children.
So it is with gratitude that I humbly accept The Fabulous Blog Award (yayy, my 3rd blogging award!) and give you everyone’s favorite, “The Rules”.
Yes, there always has to be rules, and I sort of skipped the rules when accepting my 2nd blogging award for fear that my readers would just get sick of hearing about my likes/dislikes, etc. But, being appreciative to any peers who read and enjoy my work I have to be gracious, as I always am.
Without further ado – “The Rules”
Rules to the Fabulous Blog Award:
1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and share the link back to the awarding blog.
2. Name 5 fabulous moments in your life.
3. Name 5 things you love.
4. Name 5 things you hate.
5. Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers.
Name 5 Fabulous Moments in Your Life
1. Getting my kitten, Kennedy, who is now a 13-year-old cat when I was 19 years old after begging and pleading with my parents to let me bring her home because of course she’d be going away to college with me in the fall. That lasted for 3 months until the apartment company told me to send my kitten home or we’d both have to find a new home.
2. Graduating college, which I honestly never believed I would actually do. Even though I attended school I don’t think I ever imagined myself actually completing school. A couple bad semesters clarified that [yes, there was an F in accounting] as well as a swift kick in the rear from my parents which made me turn it all around. And yes! I did graduate in May 2001 from Illinois State University.
3. The day I closed on my condo in 2004 at 25 years old. I don’t remember the exact date, but I was so proud of my accomplishment of purchasing my own real estate. I worked two jobs and saved for months to get it. It wasn’t anything fancy, but it was mine. And it had a pool.
4. My Wedding at The Moon Palace Resort in Mexico! I was so appreciative of my family and friends who made the trip to Mexico to celebrate my big day. What an honor.
5. The day I felt like myself again after my long battle with Post Partum Depression. It was at my BFFs wedding (you remember my infamous blog post: JUST STOP TALKING!!!). I remember we were on the dance floor just her and I … I know I was three sheets to the wind. We were both crying as she hugged me and told me she saw the sparkle back in my eyes and knew I was ‘back’. “Jen’s back!” She had exclaimed. It was the best moment because I knew in my heart I was back, too. I made it, I survived it.
Name 5 Things You Love
I know you probably all expected me to list the Chiquita’s birth as one of my fabulous moments, and don’t get me wrong; the Chiquita is the best thing that ever happened to me. But, to be perfectly honest her birth was a very difficult day for me ~ I was fearful, I was emotional, I was overwhelmed, I was tired, I cried a lot ~ there are sooo many emotions that come with having a baby, not to mention that I lost large amounts of blood in the hospital, didn’t see my baby for 11 hours after she was born and was scared shitless to see her for the first time in the NICU with tubes all over her (See post: Babies on The Brain) and while her birth was amazing and I will never ever forget that day in the hospital I probably wouldn’t describe it as ‘fabulous’. Maybe that’s wrong, but sorry, that’s how I feel. BUT, I will say that the #1 thing that I love is the Chiquita. And just like the Bryan Adams song, Everything I do, I do it for you, my Boo Boo. So..
1. The Chiquita
2. Writing! I’d rather die than be told I could never write again.
3. Juicy Couture, fucking duh.
4. Reality TV, yes, yes I do. I love Kardashians, Kendra on Top, 16 & Pregnant, Teen Mom, and of course, my future BFFs show Giuliana and Bill…
5. Going for evening walks with my husband, my daughter and the late Dexter (See Love and Loss).
Name 5 Things You Hate
1. Being told I can’t do something, i.e., Authority
2. Facebook, though yes, I am on FB I actually despise it.
3. Editing my book, which is obvious as I’ve been doing it for three years.
4. It’s weird how I can’t think of anything I hate, yet, probably 50% of the day I hear myself saying: “I hate…blah blah blah.” So, I guess I hate that I can’t think of anything to hate when I know I hate a lot of stuff given my bad Italian attitude.
5. I hate Jen Schefft simply because she didn’t pick a winner in The Bachelorette back in 2005. It still eats at me to this day.
5 Deserving Bloggers
I’ve done some blog research because my last attempt at naming some great bloggers I read left me embarrassed that I repeatedly tell you about the same blogs over and over. It made me see I needed to expand my horizons a little bit…see I’m a creature of habit. I like my comfort zone. I decided it was time to get out there and discover some new blogs…which I did!
Let me present these 5 Fabulous Blogs that I am so happy I have now discovered and will continue to read. Please give them a chance as well!
1. Josie @ Go Momma! Josie’s blog is “a collection of true short stories, anecdotes and day to day commentary on the joys, hilarity and woes of being a pregnant, stay-at-home mother to two terrific tots!”
2. Zannah @ Write, Rinse, Repeat. Zannah writes about “Monotony at its Funniest”.
3. SJ and Michael @ Chasing the Donkey! They blog about “making the move from Sydney to Croatia to “Chase the Donkey”, and blogging about building a home by the sea and our Croatian misadventures.”
4. Nathan @ Life and Everything Else In Between. Nathan blogs about “everyday life and everything else in between!”
5. Liesel @ Pretty. Random. Things. Liesel blogs about pretty and random things. She has giveaways and is currently doing an amazing ‘picture challenge’ which I’m hoping to try to do as well after her fabulous idea.
As I said above, these are blogs that I have newly discovered, but I have read them and find them to be very interesting. I believe you all will as well.
Again a big thank you to Menopausal Mother for giving me this wonderful honor! Thank you very much for your support!
A big thank you to my readers as well!
Readers: I would love to hear from you about what posts you are really digging and what posts you’re maybe not so into it….I want to please you so you keep reading because remember, I would die if I couldn’t write. 🙂 Thanks again for the support!