There’s something about my tradition of watching the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show every year that I absolutely look forward to. It has such an energy about it, and it is completely intoxicating. No, we don’t look like them, but we don’t have to.
I love watching these beauties walk down the aisle, hearing the music, seeing the fashion. I love that it’s in New York. I love the interviews with the models who insist they eat cheeseburgers and are “normal”. I love seeing photos of the models as children who look like awkward teenagers just like I did. I just love it, and I look forward to it every year.
Here I sit and watch, another year has gone by. My blog has been on hiatus, it’s been one of the worst years of my life, and I’m 15 pounds heavy due to a new anxiety medication [my doctor and] I decided to try, but yet, I don’t sit year and wish I looked like them. I don’t sit here and say dang, why did I eat that cookie today. Instead, I sit here and applaud women. Women of all different shapes, sizes and colors…out there…confident and beautiful. And it makes me honored to be a woman.
Would the #VSFashionShow community sit down to watch a bunch of men strut their stuff? Maybe, but I gotta be honest. I even WANT to see the hotties as much as any man sneaking peeks at the catalog while the wife is in the bathroom.
As for this year’s show…
- Fall Out Boy gave an amazing opening performance of “Light Em Up”.
- Loved Taylor Swift’s Brit outfit!
- I had no idea who the guy was playing the piano.
- I always look forward to the Pink line because they make the runaway outfits so crazy, sexy, cool.
- This was my favorite outfit (worn by Behati Prinsloo who happens to be engaged to Adam Levine).
- Everyone gives Taylor Swift a hard time, but I gotta say…she was the most exciting part of this year’s show.
- Tweegret…omg I have a new word.
- I loved the models coming out at the end to Lady Gaga and think she should be next year’s musical guest.
- I definitely enjoyed the 2012 #VSFashionShow better (read my review here) but I wouldn’t say this year’s show was horrible. I’d give it a C+.
Did you watch this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show? What did you think?